Sign In

 ‭(Hidden)‬ apply_styles



Procedure for raising Concerns or Complaints

How to raise a concern or make a complaint

A concern or complaint can be made in person, in writing (email, letter or complaint form) or by telephone.  It may also be made by a third party acting on your behalf, as long as they have appropriate consent to do so. 

If you wish to raise a concern, i.e., seeking reassurance about a particular issue, your first point of contact is usually a student’s form tutor.  If you have difficulty discussing a concern with a particular member of staff, please contact the headteacher, who will refer you to another member of staff.  Similarly, if the member of staff directly involved feels unable to deal with a concern, they may refer you to another staff member, who may be more senior but does not have to be.

If you wish to make a formal complaint, you should follow the stages outlined in Complaints Procedure. It is helpful if you complete the complaint form at the end of this procedure as it ensures the school has all the necessary details about the complaint.  However, you may also raise your complaint in person or by telephone, in which case the person you raise the complaint with will complete the form.


Complaints Form.docx (printable copy) 

Dorothy Stringer Complaints Procedure

Dorothy Stringer School, Loder Road, Brighton, BN1 6PZ | Tel: 01273 852222
e: | © Dorothy Stringer School Education For Life 2021