Free School Meals
School budgets are becoming ever tighter, especially in the current climate. A vital part of our funding is delivered in the form of a Pupil Premium which is a payment linked to each child. The payment will vary dependent on the financial needs of that child.
The pupil premium and other funding is linked with Free School Meal entitlement. We already have a number of students who are eligible to claim FSM. The majority enjoy a dinner daily but some chose to continue to bring a packed lunch from home or make alternative arrangements. However, we believe that some families who are eligible do not apply. There is no compulsion for students to eat school meals if they do not wish to, but by not applying we are losing the additional funding to which these students are entitled.
Do you think you may be entitled to claim Free School Meals?
We thought we would take this opportunity to remind you of the criteria for claiming Free School Meals especially as family incomes are under pressure in these current difficult times. Your child will receive free school meals (FSM) if you receive any of the following:
· Income Support
· Income based Job Seeker’s Allowance
· Income related Employment and Support Allowance
· Guarantee element of Pension Credit
· Child Tax Credit as long as you do not get a Working Tax Credit and your taxable income is less than £16,190
· If you are supported under Part IV of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
We would like to reassure you that if you are entitled to claim FSM, your child will not be identified within school:
· we do not use a ticket system for dinners, the daily entitlement is automatically credited to your child’s canteen card.
· FSM children are not identified when queuing and receiving their lunch
· In addition, your child will receive the benefit of a good quality, nutritious hot meal for free every day should they wish should they wish to take it.
How to Apply
It is very easy to apply - follow the link and apply on line.
If your child is eligible to apply for FSM I would urge you to apply. If you are unsure about the process or would welcome support with the application please do not hesitate to contact Bubbles Robinson via email at email@example.com or by phone via switchboard on 01273 852222
(who undertakes all the admin for school meals) .
All information is kept completely confidential.