Free School Meals
Free School Meals - Vouchers for Christmas 2020
Many families are entitled to Free School Meals (FSM) but are not claiming this support. FSM in the form of supermarket vouchers will be provided over the Christmas holiday for all children who are registered for FSM. Apply as soon as possible to Brighton and Hove Council so that you don’t miss out.
Free School Meals flyer.pdf
A significant number of students in our school claim free school meals; the majority enjoy a daily hot meal at school, but some chose to continue to bring a packed lunch from home. There is no compulsion for eligible students to eat school meals if they do not wish to, but by applying for this support the school will receive additional funding through we can help students in many other ways. Information about how we spend this additional funding to support students entitled to free school meals can be found on our website here: https://public.dorothy-stringer.co.uk/ds/Pages/pupil_premium.aspx
Do you think you may be entitled to claim Free School Meals?
Your child should be entitled to receive free school meals vouchers if you receive any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension
- Credit Child Tax Credit (provided you're not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - If you apply on or after the 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7400 per year
- Children who receive any of the above benefits in their own right are also eligible to receive free school meals.
- Please note - if you are in receipt of any Working Tax Credit you will not be eligible to apply for free school meals.
How to apply
Follow this link and apply on line - https://www.brighton-hove.gov.uk/content/children-and-education/schools/free-school-meals - You will need your National Insurance number to hand.
If you are unsure about the process or would welcome support with the application please do not hesitate to contact Bubbles Robinson via email at email@example.com . All information is kept completely confidential.
Providing free school meals to isolating students during the Covid-19 pandemic
The school actively supported families with students entitled to free school meals during the Spring/Summer lockdown of 2020. If your child is entitled to free schools meals, is required to isolate at home and you have not heard from us, please contact our Assistant Business Manager, Sarah Norris, at firstname.lastname@example.org .